a few kinds of drugs, lived in an apartment with several roommates, thoroughly enjoyed my birthday, coat check at a bar, depended on my father for money...etc.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didn't make any resolutions last year, but i intend to make some for the next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, and it was quite sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
i think it's the same things as last year; a reliable, kind boyfriend, and a better portfolio.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
august 28th, the day that erica died....and the two weeks in november when the only thing i could think about was anna song in the hospital.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting an apartment in manhattan, making it through the third semester of sva.
9. What was your biggest failure?
...don't know..just personality flaws.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
i can't think of anything significant that i've bought in the last year that has majorly improved my life...i've been spending my money on the same things for the last year; food, coffee, american apparel clothes, cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
coffee and american apparel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
the start of my second school year at sva
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
pitseleh by elliott smith
bridges and balloons by joanna newsom
the whole "begin to hope" album by regina spektor
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? a bit sadder, a bit lonelier because it's christmas eve.
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
gotten out of new york
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
tomorrow i will be spending christmas alone for the most part, then going to new jersey where my mom will pick me up, and my brother and i will eat food, smoke pot preferably, and watch the christmas story marathon on tbs.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
no i did not.
23. How many one-night stands?
one, but it turned into a two night stand. that counts.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
i didn't have a tv for seven months of 2006, but i did and do watch an awful lot of degrassi.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
hate is a strong word, i guess i don't really hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
i finally finished The World According To Garp which was pretty great.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
joanna newsom, mirah, elliott smith, regina spektor, tapes n tapes, and architecture in helsinki.
28. What did you want and get?
i wanted to move into an apartment, and i got that. i wanted a better portfolio, and got that. but i'm looking towards the future.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hm...little miss sunshine was pretty great.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i had a birthday weekend extravaganza...i hung out with oscar and dennis on the actual day on st. marks and some bar called detour, then lucia and lauren threw me a party and most of my friends showed up, and then my mom and my brothers came into new york and we had brunch at this cute french/american restuarant. i turned 19.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
someone to lurrrve
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
american apparel hipster sva vintagey stuff.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i don't really know. i didn't get really get into celebrities this year.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
well, the environmental crisis is scaring the shit out of me right now.
37. Who did you miss?
my family and certain people at different times
38. Who were the best new people you met?
len delessio was pretty cool
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
cocaine and alcohol is a bad combination, as is dwelling on drama with friends and stuff of that sort because in the end, it's not important.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
daddy was a bankrobber
but he never hurt nobody
he just loved to live that way
and he loved to take your money.